EF14 SHOW NOTES
Looking to play or download the episode? Click here… EF14 (BTP): Behind the Evolve Faster Podcast — The Making of a Speculative Fiction Meets Philosophical Nonfiction Podcast
Episode EF14 Summary
The Evolve Faster Podcast with Scott Ely is a laboratory of practical philosophy and applied psychology delivered through speculative fiction. The 30-60 minute episodes experiment with the possibilities of changing human nature through the cautionary tales of where the world might be headed next. The goal is to push boundaries, explore challenging topics and guide listeners towards self-directed upgrades of mind, life, and soul via this fiction meets philosophy podcast. Samuel Butler wrote that “life is like playing violin in public and learning to play as you go.” But what if the ability to play brilliantly was within you all along?
Assume you do have the ability within you and pose yourself this thought experiment: What if you could start over with a brain unhindered by evolutionary hangovers? A fresh life with no societal baggage and an aspirational soul with a complete focus towards finding meaning to your existence? In other words, what if that nagging question—what in the hell am I supposed to do?—was easy to answer? It is with this existential question, and this overarching thought experiment, where this philosophy podcast and platform finds its roots. For more information on the metaphor, check out this article on What Does it Mean to Evolve Faster.
To peek behind the curtain of what makes the entire podcast tick, we’ll dissect the following submitted questions:
- What have you learned from doing the S1 of the podcast?
- What are an AMA and BTP?
- You’ve said the EFP is entirely different than most podcasts, can you explain?
- What is your creative process?
- What is the Process to create the Concept an episode?
- Can you talk about the themes of season one and what’s ahead?
- What is the whole thing about? I listened to a few episodes and I liked them but I can’t figure out where it’s going.
- What is my favorite episode?
- Why don’t I plan to do advertising? How will it stay alive?
- What’s the logo and podcast imagery mean?
- Can you talk about how you record/produce from the road? I read that you were traveling for the entire first season of recordings?
- What’s ahead for the podcast? You’ve said on the website it is evolving, so how will it change?
- And more…
Any of these quotes make you think? If so, please support the show by sharing…